Last Revised: June 4, 2019
What Information Do We Collect?
Active Collection: We collect certain information you directly provide to us, such as when you request information, make a donation, sign a petition, make a purchase, send us an email or sign up to receive updates, fill out a form, connect through a social feed, sign up to be a volunteer or host an event, submit a resume, or create an account or profile. We also collect any information you provide when you post comments or other content or participate in interactive features, surveys, contests, games, or promotions. The types of information we collect may include your name, password, email address, address, phone numbers, credit card number and other information you choose to provide. We may supplement the information you provide with information we obtain from other sources. For example, we may obtain publicly-available information from voter rolls or partner with other companies to obtain demographic or other data about people who may be interested in our organization.
In addition, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) may require us to collect personal information from donors. For example, the FEC requires us to collect (and disclose) the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose donations exceed $200 per calendar year.
Passive Collection: When you use our Services, we automatically collect certain information. Such information includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system and browser type, the unique ID number associated with your mobile device, the address of a referring web site, and your activity on our Services.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies” or web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our websites and your experience. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. When you view a video on our websites, a “flash cookie” could be set on your computer. Removing and rejecting browser cookies may not affect flash cookies. To learn more about flash cookies, including how to delete or disable them, visit adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security. If you remove or reject cookies or flash cookies, it may affect certain features on our websites. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on our websites or in our emails to collect information about usage and campaign effectiveness.
If you create or log into your account through a third-party social networking site, we will have access to certain information from that site. We may also collect information that you post on Friends of Steve Pemberton pages located on third-party social networking sites.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use personal information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- to provide the information, services, or products you request, and to process and complete such requests and any related transactions;
- to notify you about important changes to our Services;
- to send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various campaigns, candidates, issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services;
- to help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, donations and support for the Friends of Steve Pemberton and for candidates, issues and organizations that we support;
- to contact you if other information is necessary under Federal election laws;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Services;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the Services and our users’ experiences on the Services, such as providing content or features that match your profiles or interests, and to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our websites and applications;
- to serve ads on this and other websites or media and to understand how users respond to our ads;
- to notify and contact contest and sweepstakes entrants; and
- to send you confirmations, updates, alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Services;
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- to report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year (for additional information, visit the FEC website athttp://www.fec.gov);
- with your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Friends of Steve Pemberton, our users, our employees, our volunteers, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of our Site;
- in aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, reorganization, acquisition, asset sale, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Friends of Steve Pemberton
- with candidates, organizations, groups, causes, or other entities that we believe may be of interest to you;
Online petitions: When you sign an online petition, such petition is public information and we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection with the online petition, publicly available, or available to national, state, or local leaders, or to the press.
Interactive Features: When you use the Services, information you post in comments or in any other interactive areas of the Services, as well as any information you share with individuals through the Services or share through social network sites, will be available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available. We recommend you be cautious about giving out personal information to others or sharing personal information in public or private online forums. We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties with whom you share personal information.
Links to Other Websites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission that can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may “opt out” of receiving email updates and newsletters by following the instructions in those text messages and emails. Please note that we may still send you other types of emails, such as emails about your use of our Services, or use information as otherwise described in this Policy, even if you opt out of receiving email updates and newsletters.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact info@FriendsOfStevePemberton.com